Or The application Edthena Video Tool can't be opened
This article describes how to bypass two security messages you may see on your Mac when attempting to install the Video Tool
Message 1: You may see this security dialog box when you try to run the prep tool.
(click "Ok" to close)
Note: You may be seeing a different message. If so, scroll down to the bottom of this page for instructions around how to bypass that.
To bypass this, find the Video Tool in your Applications folder
Hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard as you click the installation icon again (or right-click the icon).
Then select "Open."
Continue your installation
Message 2: The Video Tool still won't open
It may be the case that you see a different message when attempting to open the video tool.
If this is the case, you can take the following steps to bypass this message
Uninstall the Video Tool
- Uninstall the Video Tool from your apps by dragging it into the trash
- Empty your trash
- Restart your computer
Change your computer's privacy settings
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left hand corner of your computer, and select "System Preferences"
- Click "Security and Privacy"
- Click the lock to make changes
- Where it says "Allow apps downloaded from:" select "anywhere".
- Click the lock again to affirm changes, then try one more time to open up the video tool.