⚠️ Most users: You should upload directly from your browser. ⚠️The installed Video Tool is only better if you have a slow connection speed. If you have broadband internet, your upload speeds are likely fast enough to use the browser-based uploader.
The installed video tool is helpful if you have a slow internet connection as it allows your file to be compressed before it is uploaded to the platform. If you have a broadband connection with fast upload speeds, you can upload directly from your browser.
2. Click "MAC OS X" to download the file for your Mac
3. Find the Edthena Video Tool DMG file by clicking the "Downloads" folder on your dock
4. Select the recently downloaded DMG file
5. The DMG will open. Drag the Video Tool into your Applications folder
After you've dragged the Tool into your folder, close the window. The Video Tool is now waiting for you in your Applications folder
6. To access your Applications folder, click the "Finder" icon on your dock
7. Open the "Applications" folder on the left hand side of the Finder window
8. Inside the "Applications" folder, find "Edthena Video Tool"
9. Hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard as you click the Edthena Video Tool installation icon (or right-click the icon).
10. Click "Open"
11. Click "Open" again
NOTE: At this step, there's a chance you'll see one of these error messages
If you do, navigate to the help doc below for instructions on how to bypass these messages